iPhone is a smooth working device but at times, it can work annoyingly, and getting iPhone stuck in boot loop is one of them. When your device is trying to start up but cannot complete the process, the situation is termed as stuck in the boot loop. While the phone is stuck, you will see the logo of Apple on your screen for a few seconds, it then disappears and then this reiterates. The process is annoying and makes your device unusable.
There are many reasons for this situation to arise and so if you too are facing the issue do not worry as we will help you with the best solutions. The below part of the topic will help you to learn about the best solutions to deal with the issue like using iOS system recovery tools and others.
Part 1. Most common reasons why your iPhone is stuck in the boot loop
There might be several reasons due to which you may face issues of your device getting stuck in the boot loop. The most common ones are as below.
- Failed software update: If you are updating your iPhone to a new OS version and the process fails, your device may get stuck in the boot loop.
- Unstable connection: If you are updating your device or taking a backup using iTunes if the connection between the device and the system is unstable the situation of a stuck boot loop will arise.
- iOS jailbreak: While trying to jailbreak your device, it can result in a breakdown if not down perfectly you will land in a stuck-in boot loop situation.
- Malfunctioned battery connector: If your battery connector is malfunctioning and this happens mainly in the old devices, the iPhone will have the boot loop situation.
- Water damage: Another possible reason when your iPhone keeps restarting loop is water damage to the device’s hardware.
Part 2. Common solutions to resolve iPhone stuck in boot loop
Check out the most commonly used solutions for fixing the issue.
1. Force Restart your device
At times, the most complicated problems are resolved through the simplest solutions. So, force restarting your device should be the first step for troubleshooting. Though the chances for this solution to work are quite low, giving it a try is not harmful.
To restart your phone, you need to press a combination of keys at the same time (depending on your device model and OS) on your device.
2. Updating to the latest version of iOS
If you are trying to update your device using the older iTunes version, the boot loop situation may arise, and thus to avoid this, you need to ensure that you are updating your iPhone using the latest version of iTunes. Launch iTunes on your system and from the Help section choose Check for Updates to find the updates available. If there is a new version, update iTunes.
3. Restoring the device from the previous backup
Another common fix for the problem is restoring your iPhone with the previous backup. If this method works, it will result in the loss of all your present files as the present data on your device is overwritten from the previous backup files. So, if you are fine with taking this loss, you can try this method. Moreover, while using this method you may also face the issue of your device is not recognized.
To restore your iPhone, connect it to your system and launch iTunes. Select the device at the iTunes interface and choose the Restore Backup option. The last restored backup file will be used here.
4. Restoring phone in DFU Mode
If device restoring could not be done using iTunes, you need to restore the device under DFU Mode. While using this method, the present files on your device will be erased.
To restore your device in the recover mode, connect your device to your system and run the iTunes app. Next, switch off your iPhone and click on Volume Up and then on the Volume Down button. Press and hold the side button till you see the screen of the iPhone going completely black. (The combination of the keys to be pressed will vary with the model of iPhone). iTunes interface will show a pop-up mentioning that your iPhone has been detected in the recovery mode. Choose to Restore your device at this pop-up.
5. Take the help of the Apple Support Center
If there is water or physical damage to your device, you would need to visit the Apple store. If the boot loop is happening because of battery connector or device damage, the cause can be fixed by professionals at the Apple support team.
Part 3. shot solution to fix iPhone stuck in boot loop without data loss with Dr. Fone-System Repair
Above we have listed the common solutions for fixing the boot loop on your iPhone but in the most probable cases, most of the basic solutions like force restart, updating iOS will not be effective. For solutions like recovering from iTunes or DFU mode, there is a complete loss of the present data files.
So, if you want a sure-shot solution to fix the boot loop and that too without any loss of data and in a simple hassle-free manner, Dr. Fone-System Repair is the tool. This excellent software from Wondershare is compatible working on your Windows and Mac systems and resolves all your iOS issues like a pro. The interface of the software is user-friendly which makes it easier even for non-tech people to use.
Key features of the software
- Fix all iOS related issues like stuck in recovery mode, frozen iPhone, iPhone black screen, boot loop, white screen of death and more using the software.
- Most of the issues are resolved without any data loss.
- Compatible with all models and iOS devices including iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
- Simple to use tool with a user-friendly interface.
- iOS system repair through 2 modes- standard mode and advanced mode.
Steps to fix iPhone boot loop using Dr. Fone-System Repair
Step 1. Download, install and launch the Dr. Fone software on your system. On the main software, interface choose the System Repair option.
Step 2. Next, using the original cable, connect your iPhone to your system. When the device is connected, choose Standard Mode on the software interface.
Step 3. The model type of your device will be selected automatically by the software. You next need to choose the version of the iOS from the drop-down menu. Choose the applicable version and then click on the Start button.
Step 4. The firmware of the iOS will be downloaded but will take some time. After the firmware is downloaded and verified tap on the Fix Now button. The software will start to fix the iOS system, and in a few minutes, your issues like boot loop and others will be resolved.
No matter whether your iPhone 11 stuck in boot loop or any other model, Dr.Fone will repair it in no time.
So, if you too are stuck in an iPhone boot loop situation you can try one of the above-listed common solutions but there is no guarantee of resolving the problem and there is always a risk of data loss. For repairing your iPhone without any data loss and in a simple quick manner, Wondershare Dr.Fone- System Repair is the best software.