Do you feel anxious every time you think about planning your room? It is normal to be frustrated when it comes to decorating your living space. If you have never done it before, you need to start somewhere. Once you read this article, you will have an idea of how to plan your working schedule and what to do next.
Designing Process: Step-by-Step Guide
The best idea is to separate the entire process into small parts. This way, you will be able to control every single step. Here is the plan you should follow:
- Plan your budget in the first place. The first thing you have to do is to think about how much money you are ready to spend on the renovations. If you run out of money before you finish a room, it might be left half-painted for months. It is better not to end up with luxurious furniture and paint in an unfinished room, but to design the entire apartment. Create a document with the list of the tools and items you might need for your work and calculate the price. It is better to put aside extra money for additional expenses. Once you believe you’ve taken every detail into account, follow it.
- Make a mood board. Mood boards might be the perfect start for your project. It is a plan for your future actions. Collect the information you need, like the purpose of the room, the atmosphere you want to create there, your favorite colors and themes you want to implement. Think about the already-made room and its total look.
- Choose your inspiration. You can pick one object that will be the basic point in the room. It will help you to imagine the design and organize the space around it. It can be a painting or a rug. If you have a vintage sofa you want to highlight, you can build the whole interior around it. It is always easier to concentrate on one object and find matching solutions to it than consider several items at once.
- Make a layout plan for the room. This is when digital software tools will be helpful. You can use Room Planner or any other apps that will create 2D and 3D models of your room. Fill the model with the furniture you find in the digital library of each program. Search for the best decisions. Use one of the floor planner apps before you start remodeling your house.
- Pick the furniture. Plan which furniture you would like to place in the room. If you already have furniture, use the interior design app to find the best accommodation.
- Decide on the color of the paint. Once you decide which atmosphere and style you want, choose the most suitable color palette for it. You can get inspiration on Pinterest. Use different lighting to see what the room will look like during the day.
Design with Simplicity
Don’t overthink the whole process. Even if you don’t feel creative, you can always get ideas from famous designers or artists on the Internet. Follow this manual, and you will be able to design your space in no time.